COURSES FOR ALL ABILITIES
Gain hands on experience of how to use lime mortar on your own building with our range of Lime courses.
Our introductory courses are aimed at home owners and beginners who wish to gain a better understanding of why and how to use lime mortar on their buildings. You will learn how to choose the correct materials, the theory behind 'breathability' and perhaps most importantly, gain hands on experience of mixing and applying mortar.
Our Level 2 and Advanced courses are the natural progression from the beginners courses. Aimed at those who have either attended a beginners courses or who have experience of using lime.
KNOWLEDGE SHARE SESSIONS
Are you renovating an older property? Come along to one of our 2 hour sessions and found out about appropriate materials and methods to use on your older property.
Cause of damp and how to treat them
Appropriate materials and methods to use on older properties
Reinstating lime plasters, renders and ornamental detailing
WHAT MAKES OUR COURSES DIFFERENT
Our tutors are working tradespeople with over 20 years experience of working in the restoration of period properties. Their knowledge is up to date and experience is varied.
All of our courses, with the exception of the knowledge share sessions, are mostly practical. We believe that you can only understand how to use lime, by actually using it.
The 2 day lime plastering course was great and Ben was very knowledgeable. It is a very hands on course with plenty of different materials and surfaces to try. If you are thinking of doing any lime plastering at home then this course is ideal. The facilities at SGS college were also very good. Mr K
I attended the 2 day lime plastering course run by Kate and Ben. It was absolutely brilliant and I now feel confident enough to resolve issues with our cottage and re-plaster and re-render large sections inside and out. Mrs A.
Dates for Autumn have now been released. Explore our course offering below and book your place.
More course titles will be added throughout the coming months.
- Wed, 16 FebForest of Dean - Gloucestershire
- Fri, 18 FebForest of Dean - Gloucesteshire18 Feb 2022, 10:00 – 16:00Forest of Dean - Gloucesteshire, Unit 7, The Stenders Business Centre, Mitcheldean GL17 0ZE, UKThis practical one day course will give you a solid introduction on how to work with lime building materials. In the practical session you will get to point a wall in lime and experiment with different colours and finishes.
- Thu, 07 AprForest of Dean - Gloucesteshire
- Sat, 15 JanForest of Dean - Gloucestershire
- Fri, 11 FebForest of Dean - Gloucesteshire
- Sat, 12 FebForest of Dean - Gloucestershire
- Mon, 14 FebForest of Dean - Gloucesteshire
- Tue, 15 FebForest of Dean - Gloucestershire
- Wed, 23 MarForest of Dean - Gloucesteshire
In line with government guidelines on training, we have updated our courses to ensure your safety. All course numbers will be limited to 10 to allow for social distancing. Hand sanitizer and face coverings will be provided on all courses. A full risk assessment and Covid19 briefing document is issued to all trainees.