Diathonite - The Theory
PRE-RECORDED SESSION: A 1 hour CPD looking at how to insulate old buildings while maintaining vapour permeability with a specific focus on Diathonite Insulating Plaster
Time & Location
Time is TBD
About the Event
NOTE: This is not a live event. When purchasing a ticket you will receive a link to an re-record session.
Internal insulation will change the nature of the wall and the way the building performs, which if not well-thought-through can create more problems than benefits. In this pre-recorded session, you will have the opportunity to learn more about all the parameters to be considered in relation to internal wall insulation, as well as the solutions and materials needed to safely and effectively insulate solid stone and brick walls in traditional buildings.
Internal Wall Insulation on Solid Walls Part 1: The Theory
- Retrofit strategies: adopting a whole house approach
- The importance of moisture management: primary drivers of moisture ingress
- Building physics and how the wall functions before and after applying insulation
- Avoiding thermal bridges
- Understanding breathability
- Insulation strategies using diffusion open materials to ensure structural safety and longevity
- Introducing Diathonite thermal plasters
The session is hosted by Ecological Building Systems UK and will be presente by Dave and Niall, their inhouse technical team.
- Ticket type
Diathonite - The TheoryPrice£5.00