Level 3 Award - Understanding the Repair & Maintenance of Traditional Pre-1919 Buildings
3 day course focusing on the repair of traditional buildings - predominantly theory based
Time & Location
02 Oct 2023, 10:00 – 04 Oct 2023, 16:00
Northleach, A429, Fosse Way, Northleach, Cheltenham GL54 3JH, UK
About the Event
An accredited course aimed at anyone who works with traditional buildings. Using a combination of theory sessions, case studies and practical experiences, students will look how and why traditional building should be maintained.
- Identifying the age, materials and construction methods of pre-1919 buildings
- Understanding the Importance of repairing and maintaining traditional pre-1919 buildings
- Understand legislation and official guidance relating to repairing and maintaining traditional pre-1919 buildings
- Understanding the Value and Significance of a Traditional Building
- Planning maintenance, restoration and development of Traditional Buildings
- Understanding the importance of using traditional building methods and materials when repairing and maintaining traditional pre-1919 buildings
- Energy Efficiency in Traditional Buildings
In order to obtain the accredication, students will complete a multiple choice exam paper at the end of the 3 days.
Course day timings: 10am - 4pm
Your tutor, Ben Kerslake is a Master Plasterer and NVQ assessor with 25 years of experience in conservation and restoration. In 2008 he completed his MSc in Environmental Architecture and he has been teaching homeowners and professionals since 2017. He is passionate about educating the construction industry and ensuring that our built heritage is maintained appropriately.
Thanks to the generous support of The Friends of the Cotswold, we are able to offer funded places on this course. To be eligible for funding on this course students need to be working in the construction or heritage industry. This could be as a tradesperson, architect, building surveyor or student in any of these fields. Funded places will be £50.
CLICK HERE to Apply for a funded place * application form at the bottom of the page
Terms and Conditions
Payment is required upfront. Cancellations made 14 days or more prior to the course date will be offered a full refund or a new course date. Cancellations made after this date are not eligible for refund however will be offered a new course date if possible. We can only transfer dates once. We are no longer offering course date transfers or refunds due to Covid.
Awarding Body: This qualfication is awarded by NOCN. Details of the qualficaiton can be found here.
- Ticket type
Full Cost Ticket - Oct 2023
3 day coursePrice£325.00
VAT includedTax: VAT includedSold Out
This event is sold out