Lime Plastering - Level 1
A two day practical introduction to lime plastering for homeowners and anyone looking to understanding why lime should be used on older properties.
Time & Location
28 Jun, 10:00 – 29 Jun, 16:00
Forest of Dean - Gloucesteshire, Unit 7, The Stenders Business Centre, Mitcheldean GL17 0ZE, UK
About the Event
This is a two day practical course on using lime to build with and lime plastering. Students will look at why lime is used in older properties, the different types of lime and their uses, varying sands and aggregrates and learn how to create the perfect mix. There will be lots of time for hands on experience of laying lime on.
Course Day Timings: 10am to 4pm both days
- Why use Lime
- Types of Lime
- Aggregates and how to use them
- Preparing a wall for plastering
- Base coat and top coat hands on practical
- How to create different plaster finishes
As part of the course fee you will receive a comprehensive course handbook.
Plastering Tool Kit
To get you started with your projects, we have put together a plastering tool kit which you can pick up when you attend the course. The kit includes:
- Sponge Float
- Plastering Float
- Nail Float
- Straight Edge
- Bucket Trowel
The only think left to purchase are your materials!
If you would like to purchase a tool kit, add it to your basket below.
What makes our courses different
- Our tutors are working tradespeople with over 20 years experience of working in the restoration of period properties. Their knowledge is up to date and experience is varied.
- All of our courses, with the exception of the knowledge share sessions, are mostly practical. We believe that you can only understand how to use lime, by actually using it.
Plastering - Level 1