Lime Plastering - Level 1
A two day practical lime plastering course for homeowners and anyone looking to understanding why lime should be used on older properties.
Time & Location
17 Oct 2023, 10:00 – 18 Oct 2023, 16:00
Forest of Dean - Gloucesteshire, Unit 7, The Stenders Business Centre, Mitcheldean GL17 0ZE, UK
About the Event
This is a two day practical course on using lime to build with and lime plastering. Students will look at why lime is used in older properties, the different types of lime and their uses, sands and aggregrates and learn how to create the perfect mix. This is a prodiminantly practical course with a high level of detail.
On completely the course, students will have the confidence to tackle their own lime plastering projects.
Course Day Timings: 10am to 4pm both days
- Why use Lime - causes of damp in traditional homes
- Addressing the future performance needs of traditional homes
- Types of Lime
- Aggregates and how they can effect a mix - particle distribution and structures of a mix
- Effects of pozzolans
- Preparing a wall for plastering
- Base coat and top coat hands on practical
- Dealing with shrinkage
- Creating rounded corners
- How to create different plaster finishes
As part of the course fee you will receive a comprehensive course handbook and be invited to join our online student forum where you can ask questions and share ideas with both the tutors and other course attendees.
This course is suitable for those with little experience as well as time served plasterers.
*Level 1 is a pre requisite course for our Lime Plastering Level 2 .
Plastering Tool Kit
We provide all tools for the duration of the course, however if you don't have your own tools at home, to help you get started with your projects we have put together a plastering tool kit which you can pick up when you attend the course. The kit includes:
- Sponge Float
- Plastering Float
- Nail Float
- Straight Edge
- Bucket Trowel
The only thing left to purchase are your materials!
If you would like to purchase a tool kit, add it to your basket below.
What makes our courses different
- Our tutors are working tradespeople with over 20 years experience of working in the restoration of period properties. Their knowledge is up to date and experience is varied.
- All of our courses, with the exception of the knowledge share sessions, are mostly practical. We believe that you can only understand how to use lime, by actually using it.
Terms and Conditions
Payment is required upfront. Cancellations made 14 days or more prior to the course date will be offered a full refund or a new course date. Cancellations made after this date are not eligible for refund however will be offered a new course date. We are no longer offering course date transfers or refunds due to Covid.
- Ticket type
Plastering - Level 1Price£390.00
VAT includedTax: VAT includedSold Out
This event is sold out