Listed Buildings - Myths, repairs & alterations
A 1 hour session that will demystify listed building requirements
Time & Location
28 Feb 2022, 13:00 – 14:00
About the Event
This one hour session will include a 30-minute presentation which will outline the following -
- What is a listed building?
- Common Myths
- Repair and Maintenance - what can be completed without the need for LBC and how to maintain your property
- When is repair an alteration?
- A summary of considerations for energy efficiency upgrading
There will then be a chance for you to ask any questions regarding listed buildings.
A PDF will be provided of the presentation and will include useful links to websites to help you on your way when thinking about changes to your listed building.
This session will be presented by Charolotte Bowles-Lewis, Director of Stroud based company, Inspire Heritage Services Ltd.
Charlotte worked for Gloucester City Council as Principal Conservation Officer for over 13 years and is a full member of the Institute of Historic Building Conservation (IHBC). Charlotte is also a built heritage Design Council Specialist with the Design Council, a branch representative on the IHBC South West Committee, a member of the South West Historic Environment Forum, and a representative on the Diocese of Gloucestershire Advisory Board. The company is registered on the IHBC Historic Environment Service Providers’ Recognition scheme.
Charlotte has extensive experience providing conservation advice on heritage-led regeneration schemes including Greyfriars, Gloucester Prison, King Quarter regeneration, The Fleece, a High Street Heritage Action Zone, and a number of National Lottery Heritage Funded grant projects:
- Southgate Townscape Heritage Initiative - £1.2m scheme advising on 30 projects including public realm improvements.
- Project Pilgrim - a £5m scheme at Gloucester Cathedral for landscaping, accessibility, and interpretation, including solar panels on the Grade I listed Cathedral.
- Llanthony Priory Project – a £4.5m scheme to restore three Grade I and II listed buildings and landscaping scheme.
- Discover DeCrypt a £2m scheme rejuvenating a Church and Schoolroom.
- A £1m scheme for the Gloucester Waterways Museum Revitalisation
Inspire Heritage Services provides conservation advice to both homeowners and developers, as well as, working as a conservation consultant for local authorities approving listed building consents, agreeing to materials and schedule of works, monitoring contractors, and liaising with statutory stakeholders such as Historic England and local and national amenity societies. As well as working closely with National Lottery Heritage Fund, local authority highways team, architects, developers, businesses and homeowners. The company is also experienced in providing strategic advice relating to heritage policy guidance for local development plans, conservation areas, heritage strategies, and local lists, together with master planning and design briefs for heritage regeneration sites.
Contact details firstname.lastname@example.org
This event is being funded by Gloucestershire County Council as part of the Build Back Better Fund.
- Ticket type
Online session hosted by Inspire Heritage Services LtdPrice£0.00Sold Out
This event is sold out